3C Media Solutions is a platform provided to us by the Chancellor's Office for storing and delivering media. They are being rebranded to "TechConnect Cloud".
REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT
- Go to this page to register to get an account.
- The link, "Register", is in the upper right corner of the homepage. Simply click on the link, enter your name, email address, and college, and your account will be created within minutes.
- Before you can upload media, you need to make another request. This is a simple process that you will be prompted to do. See the Requesting Permission to Upload Media support page for detailed instructions.
- There will likely be a couple of days before you will be granted access to upload media.
- For multimedia (audio and video files), use the Media tab, not the Files tab
- See the tutorial page: Upload Media to Your TechConnect Cloud (3C Media) Account
- You can use Folders to organize your media and Playlists to present a collection of videos
- See also how to Download Zoom Recordings and Upload to 3C Media
Order Captions through the DECT grant
NOTE: Ordering captions through 3C Media will now result in auto-generated captions that will need to be edited to correct errors and add punctuation. If you have a deaf/hard of hearing student enrolled in your course, it will qualify for human-created quality captions. Contact the Instructional Accessibility Specialist to submit to the DECT grant.
When logged into 3C Media, follow these steps:
- Log in to your 3C Media account (3cmediasolutions.org)
- From your "Media" tab, click the "Details & Options" link to the right of the media you want captions for
- Under "Tools", click on “Submit this Media for Captioning"
- Fill out and submit the form. You will need to input the length of the video, the Section number, and the Term.
- Once created, (usually within 5 working days, depending on length), the caption files will automatically appear.
For better quality control, provide a list of vocabulary terms or phrases you use in your multimedia files that are specialized to your subject.
You can download the caption file once it is created and easily correct captions as needed in a text editing software program, such as Notepad on the PC, or TextEdit on the Mac.
REQUESTING HELP FOR CAPTIONING
See the Multimedia Accessibility page for more information on ADA compliance for course multimedia
Embedding or Linking to Your Videos in Canvas
You do not need to upload videos to Canvas, you will either link to or embed the video using code from 3C Media
- Log into 3C Media and navigate to the Media tab
- Click on the Details and Options link to the right of the thumbnail
- Copy either link URL or Embed code
Place Embed Code in Canvas
- In Canvas, navigate to the page to embed video
- Click on Edit button to enter editing mode
- Place cursor where you want to embed
- In the Rich Content Editor tools, click on the Insert/Edit Media button
- Click on the Embed tab and enter copied embed code from 3C Media