All courses each semester will be assigned shells in the Canvas learning management system. Here are ways to locate the Canvas course. For face-to-face courses, some instructors will not choose to use Canvas to post materials.
NOTE: Your Canvas courses may not be open and accessible until the instructor publishes the Canvas course.
OPTION 1: LOGIN TO CANVAS
- Log on to SRJC Canvas.
- Use the same credentials used to access your student portal or “cubby” which are your SID + Pin Code.
- Once logged in, the Dashboard will display published Canvas courses if the Dashboard display is set to Card View or List View.
- Recent Activity View will not display a course list.
OPTION 2: Online Class Schedule / Portal
From the online schedule of classes and the student portal, the section number for a course will link to a Section Information page that will show links to the actual course materials when instructors make them available.
OPTION 3: Instructor Notifications
Your instructor may choose to send out a notification either from Canvas as an Announcement sent by email, or as a message through the Student Portal.
What if I don't see my course in the Canvas Dashboard?
If you have successfully logged into Canvas, accessed your Dashboard from the left-side global navigation, and your course does not show there, consider the following:
- If the course start date is in the future, your instructor may not have opened the course for student access yet.
- Click on the Courses link in the left-side Canvas global navigation.
- Sometimes not all courses will show in the Dashboard. If you see your course listed, click on the star next to it, and that will set the course to show in the Dashboard.
- If you are still having trouble accessing your course, contact your instructor.