All courses each semester will be assigned shells in the learning management system, Canvas. Here are ways to locate the Canvas course. For face-to-face courses, some instructors will not choose to use Canvas to post materials. NOTE: Your Canvas courses may not be open and accessible until the first day of the semester.
OPTION 1: LOGIN TO CANVAS
- Access the SRJC Canvas login page.
- Use the same login you use to access your portal or “cubby.”
- Once logged in, the Dashboard will display any Canvas courses you are enrolled in.
OPTION 2: Online Class Schedule / Portal
From the online schedule of classes and the student portal, the section number for a course will link to a Section Information page that will show links to the actual course materials when instructors make them available.
OPTION 3: Instructor Notifications
Your instructor may choose to send out a notification either from Canvas as an Announcement sent by email, or as a message through the portal.
What if I don't see my course in the Canvas Dashboard?
If you have successfully logged into Canvas, accessed your Dashboard from the left-side global navigation, and your course does not show there, consider the following:
- If the course start date is in the future, your instructor may not have opened the course for student access yet.
- Click on the Courses link in the left-side global navigation. Sometimes not all courses will show in the Dashboard. If you see your course listed, click on the star next to it, and that will set the course to show in the Dashboard.
- If you are still having trouble accessing your course, contact your instructor. Look for their name as a link in the online schedule of classes or access the Faculty Profile pages.