TechConnect Cloud offers a stable platform for long-term storage of video and audio files, and much like YouTube, provides a player for playing media files.
TechConnect Cloud is the rebranded tool formerly called '3C Media Solutions.' It offers faculty, staff, and administrations of the California Community Colleges System the opportunity to create an account, free of charge. Some highlights of what an account provides the user:
- A personal account for uploading and storing media.
- A web-based media player, similar to YouTube and Vimeo. Uploaded videos are processed to work with the player, providing a smooth user experience.
- Share media privately or publicly (embed media, email link, or post to the 3C site).
- Request captioning for your media in a few short, simple steps.
- Create and share playlists.
- Stream online, live.
- SRJC has installed a 3C Media integration option that allows you to insert your videos without ever leaving Canvas.
How to Use
Register for an Account
- Go to this page to register to get an account.
- At the top right, click Register.
- Then, enter your name, email address, and college, and your account will be created within minutes.
- Before you can upload media, you need to make a permission request - a simple process you will automatically be prompted to do.
- See the Requesting Permission to Upload Media support page for detailed instructions.
- It will likely take a couple of days before you will be granted access to upload media.
- For multimedia (audio and video files), use the Media tab, not the Files tab.
- You can use Folders to organize your media, and Playlists to present a collection of videos.
- It's important to archive your Zoom recordings in a stable, permanent place. See the tutorial: Download & Transfer Your Recorded Zoom Content To Your TechConnect Cloud Account (How-To)