Distance Education oversees a recording studio in the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) on the 3rd floor of Doyle Library. CETL Studio offers a wide-range of tools to create high-quality video.
Reserving time in the CETL Studio
To schedule a CETL Studio consultation or to schedule Studio time for your project, please contact Matt Pearson (firstname.lastname@example.org). Matt will help you determine what tools are best for your project and answer any questions that you have.
You are welcome to reserve the Studio for up to 3 hours per day.
In this video, we take you into CETL Studio to show you where blockbuster instructional videos are made by SRJC's faculty.
- Stand in front of a green screen to be transported to exotic locations with special video effects.
- Watch example Learning Glass videos and imagine yourself delivering vibrant lecture videos while projecting slides, images, and video.
- Make use of a plethora of multimedia tools including the latest in iPad technology for recording whiteboard videos and screencasts.
Types of multimedia that can be created in CETL Studio include:
- Welcome videos—introduce students to you and your course
- Whiteboard or light board videos—draw to help students visualize difficult concepts
- Video modeling—demonstrate a new skill
- How-to tutorials—walk students step-by-step through a process
- Guest interviews—expose students to multiple perspectives
- Lectures or mini-lectures—use voice, gesture, facial expression, and eye contact to connect with students
- Slideshow videos—use graphics and outlines to illuminate lecture topics
- Sketchnote videos—record pen & paper sketches to visually interpret information
- Video camera
- Green screen
- Learning Glass
- Elmo document camera
- Adobe suite
- USB microphone & headphones with mic
- ViewSonic interactive Flat panel