While creating Canvas materials, address common accessibility issues with Pope Tech.
Pope Tech is an accessibility testing tool available to instructors within the Canvas editing mode. Pope Tech will scan a page, list accessibility errors, and provide an interface for fixing the errors.
How to Use
Pope Tech is installed in SRJC's Canvas.
- From the Editing interface on a Canvas page, assignment, or discussion, click on the "P" button, which can be found next to the Save and Cancel buttons.
- Once Pope Tech is activated, a fly-out menu will appear along the right-hand side of the screen displaying the Pope Tech interface, which will list the number of errors and alerts needing attention.
- Expandable areas show five results categories: Images and Links, Text and Contrast, Headings, Tables and Lists, and Documents.
- Click to expand one of the categories, and click on an issue.
- You will be presented with fields and tools for fixing each issue.
- Use the Save button in the Canvas interface to save changes.
See the Distance Ed Pope Tech tutorial page for more information on how to use the interface, including screen shots.
See a demo of how to use the Pope Tech tool below.
Guides and Tutorials
To request Help, submit a support ticket with DE Support in Service Desk Plus.