While creating Canvas materials, address common accessibility issues with PopeTech.
Pope Tech is an accessibility testing tool available to instructors within the Canvas editing mode. Pope Tech will scan a page, list accessibility errors, and provide an interface for fixing the errors.
How to Use
PopeTech is installed in SRJC's Canvas.
- From the Editing interface on a Canvas page, assignment, or discussion, click on the "P" button, which can be found next to the Save and Cancel buttons.
- Once Pope Tech is activated, a fly-out menu will appear along the right-hand side of the screen displaying the PopeTech interface, which will list the number of errors and alerts needing attention.
- Expandable areas show five results categories: Images and Links, Text and Contrast, Headings, Tables and Lists, and Documents.
- Click to expand one of the categories, and click on an issue.
- You will be presented with fields and tools for fixing each issue.
- Use the Save button in the Canvas interface to save changes.
See the Distance Ed PopeTech tutorial page for more information on how to use the interface, including screen shots.