LIR10 is an introductory course which positions students to be confident consumers and users of information. Students learn to locate and analyze information in a variety of formats. Additional concepts include the research process, ethical uses of information, the scholarly conversation, and library resources.
This class provides information skills that are immediately applicable to other classes.
LEARN HOW TO
- Find top quality information sources
- Use information tools to locate the most relevant information
- Critically evaluate the source, quality and relevancy of information
- Synthesize and integrate new and existing information
- Engage in socio-political issues surrounding information
For more information