COURSE NUMBER: CUL 250.1
INSTRUCTOR: Hollie Fortkamp
Introduction to fundamentals of the culinary arts, including culinary history, terminology, culinary mathematics and food anthropology.
Students will be able to:
- Identify key historical events, figures and trends, including the history and evolution of restaurants, and how they have influenced the modern food service industry.
- Explain the role food plays in various societies and their cultures.
- Define commonly used culinary terms.
- Apply basic math (whole numbers, negative numbers, fractions, decimals and percentages) to food preparation activities.
- Apply the standard units of measure used in cooking.
- Describe the standards and attributes of a food service professional.
- Identify customer service standards.
FOR MORE INFORMATION