Provide students with alternative formats of documents, and more accessible documents.
The CCC Document Converter is a free tool for California Community College alternate media specialists, faculty, and staff to help convert digital files into alternate formats.
The CCC Document Converter helps you generate different file formats that might be difficult or time-consuming to produce otherwise. The converted file may need only minor editing before being ready to use, or it may be ready to deliver to students as-is, if the source file was clean and well-prepared.
This tool is especially helpful to convert scanned documents into digital text that can be read by assistive technology software to aid the visually disabled.
How to Use
Submit a file via upload to the CCC Document Converter website:
- From the CCC Document Converter web page, click on Choose Files, then Upload.
- Once the upload is complete, you will be presented with formatting choices for download.
- Choose which format to receive.
- Submit an email address
- (must be an .edu email address).
- Once a file has been uploaded and processed, an email will be delivered with the selected file type.
The CCC Converter also allows you to submit, via the following options:
- a URL for an online document.
- manually-entered digital text.