Instructors are now able to perform their own Canvas Course Cross-listings!
New Canvas Cross-listing Tool is available in the Faculty Portal located in the Instructor Information portlet. Watch the 5-minute video tutorial.
- Cross-Listing is for sections of the same course taught by the same instructor
- Cross-Listing should not be requested for active published courses.
- The parent section indicates your choice for the single course shell to manage content and instruction.
- Continue to develop content in the parent shell. There's no need to wait for the cross-listing to be complete to develop content.
- Please allow 48 hours or 2 business days for your request to be processed.
- A confirmation e-mail is sent once the cross-listing request is complete.
Note: If you insist on cross-listing different courses, please provide justification in the comments section of this form.
Cross-Listing is the process of moving a section from a course shell (child) merging it with another (parent). This consolidates multiple sections into a single course shell for managing content and instruction.