Cross-Listing is the process of moving a section from a course shell (child) merging it with another (parent). This consolidates multiple sections into a single course shell for managing content and instruction.
See the Multiple Sections page for more information.
Perform your own Canvas Course Cross-listings for sections of the same course.
- Cross-Listing is for sections of the same course taught by the same instructor
- If requesting cross-listing of different courses, please provide justification in the comments section of this form.
- Cross-Listing should not be requested for active published courses.
- The parent section indicates your choice for the course shell to manage content and instruction.
- Develop content in the parent shell.
- There's no need to wait for the cross-listing to be complete to develop content.