Cross-List Your Own Canvas Course Sections in the Faculty Portal
For faster results, Faculty are empowered with a cross-listing tool in their Faculty Portal.
NOTE: If you would like to cross-list different courses (e,g, THAR 25 and THAR 25.1), submit the form at the bottom of this page and the Instructional Systems Administrator will complete the process manually. A brief justification is required.
- Cross-Listing is for sections of the same course taught by the same instructor
- Cross-Listing should not be performed for active published courses. Submissions and grades could be lost during the process.
- Determine which of your courses/sections will be the parent.
- The parent section indicates your choice for where content and instruction will be managed.
- Develop content in the parent section.
- Watch this 5-minute video tutorial for cross-listing your own course sections.
- Log into your Faculty Portal https://portal.santarosa.edu
- Click the “Canvas Cross-Listing Tool” link in the “Instructor Information” portlet
- Select the appropriate semester
- Click “Get Canvas Sections”
- In the Parent column, designate the parent course section
- In the Child column, designate the child course section(s)
- Click “Cross-list Sections”
- Review your choices
- Click “Confirm” if correct, click “Cancel” if incorrect
- Five-minute video tutorial for cross-listing your own courses.
- For more information about the advantages of cross-listing, see https://de.santarosa.edu/content/multiple-sections.
Only Complete this form for Cross-Listing Different Courses
This form is for requesting different courses (e,g, THAR 25 and THAR 25.1) be cross-listed. A brief justification is required. The Instructional Systems Administrator (DEsupport@santarosa.edu) will complete the request manually. You will be notified by e-mail when complete.