Support for teaching online
SRJC supports faculty teaching online in the following ways:
- Canvas course management software support.
- Director of Distance Education, Lisa Beach, supervises Online Learning at SRJC.
- Collaborating with the statewide Online Education Initiative (OEI) to leverage best practices and technology to significantly increase the opportunity for higher education degree attainment in California. For more information on OEI resources available to you and your students, please visit our Statewide DE Resources page.
- New online courses (never taught in this format at SRJC) require a Distance Education Proposal. The process for completing the form and making any changes requested by the Distance Education Advisory Committee (DEAC) can be found in this Distance Education Course Proposal course in Canvas. For assistance, contact the Curriculum Review Committee staff.
- The District Online Committee meets monthly to assist with issues related to online teaching and learning.
- The SRJC Professional Development Department offers staff development resources and in-service training opportunities.
ADDITIONAL SRJC RESOURCES
Online College Course Development Project provides incentives and training for faculty to develop new online courses.