CATE & Moodle Access
As of June 9, 2017 CATE and Moodle are no longer available to students. Below are links (and to the right) are for faculty to retrieve files and other content from those systems:
If you don't remember your login information, the Password Reminder feature no longer works, contact DE Support for help.
How to Migrate Content to Canvas
- Information about moving content from Moodle to Canvas.
- Information about moving content from CATE to Canvas.
Timeline for the Sunsetting of CATE & Moodle
As of June 9, 2017, SRJC switched to a single course management system - Canvas. The other two systems used prior to that, CATE and Moodle, are no longer be available for instructional use. Below you will find details about how those systems are being phased out.
June 9, 2017 - June 22, 2017
CATE and Moodle were backed up and moved to messina.santarosa.edu (Messina).
June 26, 2017 - June 2020
- Faculty will have access to Messina with the same login credentials they currently use, and can continue to copy files and other content from there.
- All functionalities not related to information retrieval will be disabled in CATE. It will not be possible to create new sections, pages, files, quizzes, etc.
- Messina will be directly available from on-campus networks. Faculty will need to access it from a campus computer, or from off-campus via the Citrix portal.
- Students will not have access to Messina, so it will not be possible to teach courses from that server, and you will not be able to link to files stored there. Faculty will first need to move course content into Canvas or elsewhere to give students access to it.
CATE and Moodle will be shut down entirely. The 3-year time period satisfies the requirement to archive student records for 3 years. After that time, faculty will no longer have access to that information unless they have copied it elsewhere.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact email@example.com.