Welcome to the SRJC Distance Education Online Teaching Handbook. The purpose of this handbook is to:
- Provide technical and pedagogical support and resources for faculty teaching online.
- Supply information about training and mentoring for all distance course delivery methods.
- Inform faculty about policies and procedures that relate to distance learning courses.
- Define best practices in distance education and how those should be incorporated into course design and delivery.
- Offer resources for ongoing faculty development.
Please explore this guide for ideas and direction to support your teaching endeavors.
Why Teach Online
In the following video, students speak about the reasons online learning works for them. Teaching online can fill a real need, allowing some students to take courses who would not otherwise be able to.